View all jobs
OB ManagerKing City, CA · Healthcare
Position: OB Manager
King City, CA
$125,000 to $162,000
Director of Nursing
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementation and evaluation of the overall operation of the Birthing Center on a 24-hour basis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of testing protocol, policies and procedures, for the Newborn Hearing Screening Program.
- Revises and updates at technology dictates.
- Monitors the work volume, relevancy, equipment, resources and staffing levels of the department.
- Initiates staff employment.
- Evaluates employees.
- Provides staff training and development
- Provides a mechanism by which pertinent and relevant information is transmitted to employees.
- Conducts staff meetings on a monthly basis:
- Disciplines and terminates employees when appropriate.
- Initiates and maintains departmental standards
- Establishes staffing patterns appropriate to the department
- Shows professional commitment
- Plans framework for the overall budget in accordance with department goals and objectives
- Implements and evaluates the budget process
- Recommends development of new hospital policies, facilities and in-services, as well as improvements to existing ones to Nursing Administration
- Interprets Hospital policies, objectives and operational procedures to subordinates
- Interprets and represent specific area of responsibility (Obstetrics) to other Hospital departments, medical Staff and community.
- Provides continuity of leadership
- Communicates with Nursing Administration
- Provides administrative technical and coordinating support to the Department of Nursing Services regarding Performance Improvement (PI)
- Understands medical staff and hospital organizational structure
- Serves as a role model for department
- Maintains professional responsibilities to enhance personal growth
- Maintains development and implementation of testing protocol, policies and procedures, for the newborn hearing screening program
- Will keep supplies in stock
- Maintaining/checking equipment
- Provides written report of screening outcomes to medical records and to the physicians and parents.
- Data Collection:
- Maintain a log of infants screening results.
- Compiles quarterly statistics documenting screens, passes, refers, and notify HCC weekly of all referred infants
- Participate in public information events, volunteer fairs, etc., to promote hospital and newborn hearing screening
- Develop printed materials for staff and patients to inform them of screening and its importance.
- Educate community through local media community groups as needed
- Provide in-service education to staff, physicians, auxiliary leaders, and students.
- Minimum of one year of Management experience in an acute care setting, preferred
- Two or more years of recent experience in Labor and Delivery, required.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Healthcare Related Field, required
- Current CA RN License
- American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and NRP