Position: Emergency Department Registered Nurse (ED RN) – Atlanta, GA
$28 - $48 per hour + shift differentials
537-Bed, Not-For-Profit Acute Care Hospital
7pm - 7am
- 1 year minimum Emergency Department experience in an acute care setting required
- 3+ years Emergency Department Experience, preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated area within probationary period is required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Active GA RN License, unencumbered
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)
- The Emergency Department RN will be responsible for managing the patient care of a varying group of patients in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the Emergency Department.
- The Emergency Department RN uses critical thinking skills to provide care for patients of varying age and acuity including Trauma, MI, CVA, OB/GYN emergencies and other medical/surgical conditions.
- Performs triage using Emergency Severity Index (ESI) to determine acuity, and to implement an individual plan of care.
- Management of patients in the ED includes use of critical care skills including drip management, ventilator management, and other intensive monitoring skills.
- The ED RN must work in a collaborative fashion with EMS and Physicians to provide quality care in the continuum of patient care.
- In addition, effective communication skills are essential between the ED and receiving departments and floors to provide optimal patient care.
Service Area Overview:
- We are proud to be voted "Atlanta's Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs" for more than 16 years.
- As a 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service community hospital, we are committed to balancing clinical excellence with compassionate care and are dedicated to providing a Lifetime of Care to our community.
- Hospital offers state-of-the-art Emergency Services at each of its hospitals, providing emergency care to any medical, surgical or obstetrical patient.
- At each of our hospitals, a multi-disciplinary team offers high quality, compassionate care.
- With HealthExpress, patients with less severe injuries (determined at triage) are seen by a registered nurse, physician assistant or nurse practitioner, to expedite care and get them home quicker.
- More than 137,000 patients are treated annually across our three hospital locations.