Position: RN - Director of Infection Prevention
Based on Experience
465-Bed, Multi-Specialty Acute Care Hospital
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Director of Infection Prevention is responsible for the facility’s activities aimed at preventing healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
- Requires broad knowledge of clinical and administrative requirements and accreditation/licensure standards.
- Coordinates classification and reporting of all patient, employee, and significant community acquired infections identified at the Medical Center.
- Actively participates in Infection Prevention Program and is responsible for the Infection Control Module data entry and follow-up reports to National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Required.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health or Epidemiology or equivalent, Preferred.
- CA RN License, Required
- CIC - Certification in Infection Control, Required
- Minimum three (3) years of recent experience in Infection Control in a hospital setting required.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the above preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, APIC, Title 22, JCAHO, NHSN and CDC regulations and guidelines.
- Efficient in the following computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.