Position: RN - Director of Women’s and Children’s Services
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Sign-On Bonus: $20,000
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Position Type: Full-time Exempt
Facility Type: 165-Bed Tertiary Acute-Care Hospital
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Director of Women and Children’s Services is accountable for the management and operation of the department.
- The Director functions with initiative and appropriate independent judgment.
- The Director is responsible for the development of and maintenance of interdisciplinary relationships between all levels of departmental personnel.
- The Director’s performance and behavior shall be both reflective and supportive of the Mission Statement and Core Values of the hospital.
- The Director’s responsibilities include development, maintenance and coordination of departmental operations.
- The Director assures safe patient care and staff development.
- Other duties include but not limited to: developing policies and procedures, assuring quality control including managing the departmental operations and capital equipment budgets, the management and continuous maintenance of staffing and the development of personnel in the department.
- The Director is responsible for managing Continuous Quality Improvement activities, risk prevention of infection, and staff adherence to evidence-based nursing practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Desired
- CA RN License, Required
- BLS and NRP, Required
- National certification in the area of specialty, Desired
- Fetal Monitoring Certification, Desired
- Minimum 3 years acute clinical nursing experience
- Previous Management experience
- Analytical and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential