Position: RN - Manager of Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Full-time, permanent position
M-F, No weekends
478-bed, full-service acute care hospital, currently undergoing a large expansion!
- The Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for planning, supervising, and evaluating the care of patients to ensure comprehensive and continuous care for each patient/family in the unit and shift of responsibility. This involves management and responsibilities for diverse categories of personnel for patient care.
- The Nurse Manager position requires in-depth productivity management, knowledge of management principles, communication, teaching/learning principles, nursing practice, and the ability to apply nursing theories. Acceptance of the philosophy and policies of the nursing unit and of the institution are essential.
- The position requires skill in interpersonal communication, group dynamics, problem solving, delegation, interviewing, observation, counseling, and teaching.
- The Nurse Manager must evaluate personnel, assess environment, and determine priorities for care in order to plan, implement, and evaluate outcomes of care.
- The Nurse Manager must function effectively in stressful situations.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Required
- BSN, Required or Currently enrolled, Required
- Master's Degree, Preferred
- CA Registered Nursing License, active and unencumbered
- National Certification, Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Minimum 1 year in an acute care management position, Required. 2 YEARS PREFERRED.
- MUST have Acute care hospital experience in hospital of similar size
- MUST have recent experience in Med Surg
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.