Position: Director of Case Management (RN - CA)
Thousand Oaks, CA
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Yes, annual bonus
Full-time, permanent position
404-bed, full-service regional acute care hospital
- The Director of Case Management will direct the case management program, including the functions of case management, utilization management, and discharge planning for the Hospital.
- The Director of Case Management is responsible for coordinating those systems necessary for safe and appropriate discharge as well as utilization management practices that meet all corporate, facility and regulatory guidelines.
- The director assesses and evaluates the care/services rendered, staffing levels, competency and educational needs of the case management staff and effectively coordinates and controls resources.
- The Director provides consultation and education to facility leadership, clinical and financial personnel, the Board of Trustees, and medical staff members related to case management including utilization management and discharge planning practices.
- The Director oversees the annual review of the Case Management/Utilization Management Plan of the hospital.
- The Director will identify and implement processes that support and promote efficient patient throughput across the HealthCare continuum resulting in optimal clinical outcomes, appropriate utilization of resources and appropriate & accurate reimbursement.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN degree in nursing, Preferred.
- Must have an active CA RN License - No pending licenses
- National Certification in Case Management or equivalent preferred (ACM or CCM)
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Minimum of Five (5) years of acute care hospital case management experience with two (2) years of Director or Management experience in Case Management
- Healthcare regulatory and accreditation requirement experience required.
- No LTAC, Insurance, Rehab experience will be considered.
- Strong care coordination and discharge planning experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge of levels of care criteria; strong leadership skills.
- Good financial management.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory standards for federal payors, JCAHO, and other insurance companies.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.