Position: Director of Laboratory Services - CLS
Thousand Oaks, CA
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Full-time, permanent position
404-bed, full-service regional acute care hospital
This position is responsible for the direction, planning, coordination, and development of the clinical and anatomical laboratories with respect to technical and administrative matters.
Financial and Budgetary
- Monitor the technical performance of laboratory services related to patient care; review in conjunction with technical supervisors and pathologists, quality control reports and technical procedures to assure the quality of daily operation
- Implement operational measure to assure the accurate and timely performance and delivery of laboratory services, especially the reporting of clinical laboratory data.
- Review all pertinent department management reports
- Prepare and submit monthly department progress and operations variance reports
- Implement operational measures to assure optimal department performance with respect to productivity and profitability
- Prepare and submit capital and operating budgets in accordance with hospital requirements
- Maintain accreditation status with the State of California, College of American Pathologists Food and Drug Administration, and CLIA certification
- Assure laboratory compliance with corporate compliance program
- Monitor regulatory environment related to hospitals, laboratories and reimbursement, and implement operational changes as necessary to assure compliance with new regulations.
- With the advice and consent of the medical director and hospital senior management, hire, develop, counsel, discipline, and terminate laboratory supervisory personnel as necessary to adequately provide administrative oversight of the department.
- Assign administrative and supervisory tasks as necessary to accomplish the technical and management objectives of the department.
- Provide personnel management support to laboratory supervisory staff in handling hiring, scheduling, promoting, disciplining and terminating staff assigned to them.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Required
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Management, MBA, or equivalent training
- Active Clinical Lab Scientist License in California
WHY WORK FOR US?
- MUST HAVE 3-5 years solid Director level in an acute care hospital of similar size for this role.
- Minimum 5 or more years’ experience in all phases of laboratory medicine, including front-line supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to identify problems, generate and analyze feasible solutions, and choose an optimum course of action.
- Strong interpersonal skills that reflect a positive attitude and a sense of commitment to our employees, work associates and community.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.