Position: RN - Manager of Critical Care
San Jose, CA
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Possible for ideal candidate
Full-time, permanent position
Days, rotating weekends
358-bed, full-service acute care hospital (trauma center)
34 Bed, Adult ICU
- Manages the daily operations and staff functions on the ICU, overseeing the ICU patients’ continuum of care from entry to discharge to ensure all patient care needs are being meet.
- Primary patient population served include those admitted for acute neurological incidents, acute respiratory failure, MI, acute GI bleed, electrolyte imbalance, trauma, and patients post drug overdose; the patient population ranges in age from older adolescent to geriatric (14-99).
- The Manager assists in developing objectives, policies, and procedures which support the mission, vision and values of the hospital.
- Promotes participation in patient/family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with members of the health care team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Participates in organizational and unit-based quality improvement activities, ensures compliance with accreditation/licensure requirements.
- The Manager role models leadership development, policy development, and decision-making among staff.
- The Manager also provides continued guidance and direction to new employees and provides input on standards of care, supplies and equipment to nursing director.
- The position works collaboratively with medical staff, other departments, departmental staff, and serves in a leadership role.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, Required
- BSN or related degree, Required
- MSN or related degree, Preferred
- Active CA RN License, Unencumbered
- CCRN, Preferred
- TNCC, Preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a cardiovascular, trauma, or neurosurgical ICU (or related unit), Required
- Demonstrated progressive leadership or clinical ladder roles/positions, Required
- 3-5 years managerial or supervisory experience, Preferred
- 5+ years ICU nursing with emphasis on trauma, neurosurgical, or cardiovascular care., Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking ability.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act and Critical Care competencies.
- Minimum: Effective frontline supervision, word processing/spreadsheet, time management, clinical proficiency, Title XXII, Quality Improvement
- Preferred: Completion of formal management training
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.