Position: RN - Manager of Labor & Delivery and Antepartum
San Jose, CA
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Full-time, permanent position
M-F Day shift (7a-7p) with flexibility (Mixed shifts). NO Weekends
474-bed, full-service acute care hospital
Labor and Delivery
- The Manager of Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum is responsible for the activities, supervision, management and direction of the Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum Department in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals.
- This position will assist the Director in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance of the Department.
- The manager is responsible for leadership of Labor & Delivery and Ante Partum personnel and/or students and functions as a resource for physicians, nursing staff and patients.
- Responsible for the delivery of professional nursing care and provides leadership to staff.
- Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process, develop and enforce guidelines of medical plan of care and departmental policies.
- Assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, Required
- BSN or related degree, Required
- MSN or related degree, Preferred
- Active CA RN License, Unencumbered
- MUST BE A SEASONED LEADER
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Manager of Labor and Delivery, Required
- 5 years’ experience in high volume, high acuity units
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Ability to manage department employee and labor relations / Human Resource related issues.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/ projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency, problem solve and make decisions, and exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Requires basic understanding of and ability to utilize the nursing process; Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to: Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
- Create or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards.
- Current Microsoft, computer and other relevant software skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to sustain direction under minimal direction, in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Promote effective communication within the multi-professional team and Understand management and delegation principles.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.