Position: Manager of Surgical Services
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Full-time, permanent position
M-F, No weekends
478-bed, full-service acute care hospital, currently undergoing a large expansion!
- The Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for planning, supervising, and evaluating the care of patients to ensure comprehensive and continuous care for each patient/family in the unit and shift of responsibility. This involves management and responsibilities for diverse categories of personnel for patient care.
- The Nurse Manager position requires in-depth productivity management, knowledge of management principles, communication, teaching/learning principles, nursing practice, and the ability to apply nursing theories. Acceptance of the philosophy and policies of the nursing unit and of the institution are essential.
- The position requires skill in interpersonal communication, group dynamics, problem solving, delegation, interviewing, observation, counseling, and teaching.
- The Nurse Manager must evaluate personnel, assess environment, and determine priorities for care in order to plan, implement, and evaluate outcomes of care.
- The Nurse Manager must function effectively in stressful situations.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Required
- BSN, Required or Currently enrolled, Required
- Master's Degree, Preferred
- CA Registered Nursing License, active and unencumbered
- National Certification, Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Minimum 2 years in an acute care management position, Required.
- MUST have recent acute care hospital experience in hospital of similar size
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.