Position: Division AVP Infection Prevention
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Yes, Annual bonus
Full-time, permanent position
Capital Division Office
Division VP of Quality
Serves a leader in aligning Healthcare System’s key strategies in reducing infections as well as a primary support for the division and all of its entities. Responsible for establishing mission, vision, goals and direction for effective infection prevention and control programs for hospitals and outpatient services for the division. Functions as main source of IP contact for division and corporate offices. Serves as the division’s infection prevention officer.
Under the direction of the DVPQ, act as the IP leader in delivering the Healthcare System infection prevention strategy and in creating the division’s infection prevention mission and values.
- Provides the mission and strategic approach to developing, operationalizing, and sustaining a strong infection prevention program for the Division. Creates a safe environment for all division entities, free from infections by integrating leadership skills with expert knowledge.
- Designs and implements a Division- based mission/vision statement, a risk assessment and a strategic plan for the Division Infection Prevention Program based on system evaluation.
- Develops goals, objectives and action plans in accordance with Healthcare System Infection Prevention mission and strategic initiatives to decrease healthcare-associated infections (HAI) and any exposures to infectious agents.
- Prioritizes objectives to align with strategic initiatives and budgets; keeps entity programs focused on clinical priorities.
- Works closely with Healthcare System in assuring standards are consistently met and operationalized.
- Evaluates progress and revises strategic plan as needed for the division
- Responsible for division HAI scorecards and dashboards including validation in accordance with clinical goals.
- Serves as a leader for NHSN, data mining entities, and other networks within the IP space. Serves as system NHSN (National Healthcare Safety Network) Facility Administrator for purposes of internal surveillance, accurate and timely public reporting and CMS compliance.
- Directs and coordinates infection prevention and control program division-wide through a variety of activities involving medical staff and personnel to ensure protection of patients, families, visitors, employees and healthcare personnel.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Provides leadership for development and implementation of a risk-based surveillance system that identifies trends in healthcare associated infections and provides direction for surveillance activities.
- Provides division leadership for analysis and reporting of infection data, developing action plans and interventions, and assessing success of actions in follow-up.
- Designs, with key stakeholders, data-driven, cost-effective interventions to reduce healthcare associated infections and occupational exposures, and facilitates implementation of interventions.
- Consults with Physician Epidemiologist regarding infection rates, exposures, outbreaks and other infection prevention and control issues.
- Provides administrative direction to ensure that surveillance programs and interventions to reduce infections and occupational exposures are supported by scientific research, or are innovative but based on sound principles of epidemiology and knowledge of disease transmission, and demonstrate potential for improving clinical outcomes and decreasing costs were possible.
- Evaluates annually effectiveness of infection prevention and control plan and programs and recommends changes as needed
- Proven leadership skills in healthcare environments, expertise in acute care systems and/or complex large teaching healthcare institutions with ability to provide leadership, guidance and support for the division.
- Alignment with Healthcare System Division and Corporate Infection Prevention strategy
- Experience in developing successful IP Programs across a continuum
- Strong collaborative partnerships with internal and external partners (i.e. leaders in medical staff, nursing, surgical team, EVS, state dept. of heath, etc.) for team building to improves process
- Capability to build a strong IP program across the system by:
- Hiring, developing and sustaining facility infection prevention talent in alignment with the division model
- Implementing strategic program to reduce infections
- Reviewing, creating, standardizing facility competencies and processes
- Assessing facility needs across the division – including skill level, educational needs, team engagement
- Building a strong alignment with Healthcare System Infection Prevention program
- Expertise in process improvement in the realm of HAI trended data/outcomes; expertise in the reduction/elimination of infection prevention risks (i.e High level disinfection, hand hygiene compliance)
- Capability to measure, analyze, improve and scale positive outcomes in partnership with quality
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in consulting, teaching, preparing presentations for diverse groups and stakeholders
- Graduate from an Accredited Nursing Program
- Master's degree, Required
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) required or be acquired within 6 months of hire
WHY WORK FOR US?
- 5+ years relevant work experience required
- 3+ years management level experience required
- Leadership Experience Required (*will consider nurse manager in a large acute care setting and above, ONLY)
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.