Position: Director of Infection PreventionLocation:
West Hills, CABenefits:
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.Relocation:
Yes, Case by CaseSalary:
Based on experienceBonus:
Yes, up to 15% of SalaryPosition Type:
Full-time, permanent positionFacility Type:
225-Bed Full Service Acute Care Hospital, newly expanded!Department:
Infection PreventionReports To:
Chief Medical OfficerJOB DESCRIPTION
- The Epidemiologist/ICP is a qualified individual with knowledge of CDC guidelines and definitions of nosocomial infections, Joint Commission standards, federal and state regulations, and occupational health. Responsible for the administration of the Infection Prevention and Control Program, which includes the identification, investigation, reporting, prevention and control of nosocomial infections among patients and personnel. Responsible for coordinating with in-service programs related to infection prevention and control.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of infection control process in the health care setting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of risk stratified statistics as applicable to trending nosocomial infections.
- Demonstrates understanding of standard and transmission-based precautions as set forth by the CDC.
- Attends continuing education programs and maintains current knowledge of all aspects of infection control.
- Demonstrates knowledge of microbiology, and modes of transmission of disease entities.
- Demonstrates ability to teach principles and practical application of infection control to all levels of healthcare personnel.
- Supports the development and implementation of systems for identifying, investigating, reporting and preventing the spread of nosocomial infections among patients of all ages and healthcare personnel.
- Reviews cultures and sensitivities reported by microbiology laboratory of patients and personnel to determine if infection is nosocomial in origin.
- Confers with staff nurses on all patient units on a regular basis to determine occurrence of nosocomial infections.
- Confers with medical and nursing staff to determine appropriate implementation of isolation precautions.
- Investigates infections, especially those occurring above established thresholds, and/or in clusters by patient units.
- Initiates culture and sensitivity and/or appropriate isolation precautions when indicated.
- Assists with house-wide in-service education related to infection prevention and control.
- Completes required CMR reports to Public Health Department in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains accurate records of nosocomial infections among patients and personnel.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and improvement of infection control practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field, Required
- Master’s Degree, Preferred
- California RN License, Active and Clear
- CIC, Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?Together,
- MUST have leadership experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Epidemiology/Infection Control.
- Working knowledge of microbiology, epidemiology, infectious diseases, aseptic techniques and current practices.
- Member of the Association of Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.We offer:
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.