Position: Vice President of Quality
San Jose, CA
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Yes, up to 15% of Salary
Full-time, permanent position
474-Full Service Acute Care Hospital
- This position oversees all aspects of the quality assurance and performance improvement program within the organization. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the VP of Quality ensures that performance improvement and clinical activities are coordinated, aligned to and supporting the goals and mission of the Hospital. Provides consultation and skill development in performance improvement activities to the Medical Staff, executive and management leadership and staff. Provides organization-wide coordination for all aspects of regulatory compliance, including licensure and accreditation. Provides direction for all functions related to the Quality Management, Risk Management, Infection Control, Patient Safety, and Regulatory Compliance. Coordinates Hospital activities related to process and outcome data collection and assessment. Coordinates the use of process and outcome data in performance improvement activities. As a member of Hospital's Executive Leadership Team makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate Human Resources are available in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary.
- Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, CMS).
- Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Masters’ Degree in Nursing or Healthcare-Related field, Required
- CA Registered Nurse License, Required
- (*Must have CA RN license or already be in-process for licensure w/ CA Board of Nursing to be considered)
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality® (CPHQ), Required
WHY WORK FOR US?
- 7-9 years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Evidence of experience which defines competency in Quality Management, Risk Management, Infection Control, and Regulatory Compliance, hospital and healthcare management.
- Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs.
- Must have experience working in a large revenue producing acute care facility
- Must have experience working with CMS and Joint Commission
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.