Position: Operating Room RN (OR RN)
Idaho Falls, ID
Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
Yes - Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401-K with company match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Student loan repayment, Adoption Assistance, and more!
Based on experience
Full-time, permanent position
334-Bed Full-service acute care hospital
- The Registered Nurse is a member of the operating room team, which most commonly include surgeons, anesthesia care providers, and surgical techs.
- Prior to an operation the RN helps prepare the operating room by setting up equipment, opening sterile supplies and solutions and preparing medications.
- Possesses knowledge and skills pertaining to sterile technique, and practices, to nursing principles, and practices for best patient outcomes.
- Accepts, identifies using dual identification, verifies site, and assesses each patient on arrival formulating a nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a plan to achieve patient goals as applicable to age and patient needs.
- Evaluates and documents each patient’s response to interventions.
- Teaches patient, family and/or significant others about preoperative cycle.
- This position required knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients for all ages and families.
- Recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category and demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families from birth to death according to standards.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Idaho RN License or Compact/multi-state license
- AHA-PALS, must obtain w/in 6 months of hire
- CNOR, Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Prior OR RN experience, required.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.