Position: Director of Quality
San Jose, CA
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Yes, up to 15% of Salary
Full-time, permanent position
474-Full Service Acute Care Hospital
VP of Quality
- Is responsible for coordination and oversight of all regulatory survey participation activities.
- Responsible for completion of all Joint Commission accreditation survey requirements and management of the accreditation survey process.
- Responsible for completion of all Hospital survey requirements and management of the surveys.
- Responsible for coordination of all survey activity and follow up for a CMS validation survey.
- Assist to coordinate accreditation surveys for specialty programs, such as the Stroke Certification or Total Joint Certification Programs.
- In addition, this individual will be available to support regulatory surveys for individual hospital services, such as the Laboratory, Blood Bank, Imaging Services, Risk Management, and Patient Care Services.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (MUST BE AN RN)
- MUST HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE (BA/BS in Nursing, Public Health, or other Allied Healthcare degree from an accredited college or university), Required.
- BSN and/or Masters’ Degree, preferred
- CA Registered Nurse License, Required
- (*Must have CA RN license or be in-process w/ CA Board of Nursing for license to be considered)
- HACP, Preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma, Preferred
- 5 Years hospital experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience working in Quality Improvement and Regulatory Compliance required.
- MUST HAVE – Background experience must be in acute care hospital setting
- MUST HAVE – Joint Commission and CMS quality measures experience
- Strong ability to build and maintain positive relationships throughout the facility
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective leadership to peers and assigned staff and to maintain effective contacts with patients, visitors, physicians and a variety of hospital department personnel.
- Analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee assigned personnel and develop and administer sound policies, procedures, and budgets.
- Effective communication skills required; experience at public speaking events required
- Knowledge of applicable regulations in the field and governmental regulations with regard to healthcare marketing and public information
- Ability to facilitate and implement effective strategies. Must possess the ability to manage conflict and maintain objectivity
- Must possess high level problem solving and process design skills.
- Effective organizer and delegator, able to communicate well in every facet of the organization.0
- Must be decisive and work well with other members of the management staff and have the ability to deal with a multiplicity of complex situations simultaneously
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.