Position: Nurse Manager of Inpatient Rehabilitation
Based on experience
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Full-time, permanent position, M-F, no weekends
432-Bed Full-Service Acute Care Hospital
- Oversees of all patients on unit, providing support and expertise to staff.
- Continually assesses and assigns patient care.
- Responsible for workflow of unit by ensuring proper staff levels; adherence to all productively and budget guidelines.
- Ensures quality of patient care and assists in patient care as necessary.
- Responsible for the financial integrity of the unit; regular review of DOR information and communication to Rehab management team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients appropriate to ages of patients served.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical and resource management of unit (24 hours per day).
- Assumes responsibility for employees, physician and patient satisfaction for quality of care.
- Promotes hospital customer service initiatives.
- Handles all staffing needs and personnel management; including interviewing, hiring and training new staff members, including all disciplinary actions.
- Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation Services to fulfill the mission of the hospital and meets or exceed its goals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the rehabilitation strategic plan, being consistently aware of the changing rehabilitation market.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Rehabilitation Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information.
- Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the development and implementation of budgetary guidelines.
- Directs and manages the resources of Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner.
- Provided input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in negotiated payment structure/contracts.
- Oversight of the PAI functions, insurance approval processes and submission of all UDS information in a timely manner.
- Assures the development of quality rehabilitation programming to meet market needs in collaboration with the Medical Director and other clinical staff.
- Ensures the supply of appropriate resource to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services.
- Actively encourages the integration of rehabilitation services into the continuum of care of the Hospital and community.
- Established operation and process to support, facilitate, and maintain uniform performance of patient care including documentation.
- Ensure FIM competency of staff and that facility is FIM certified. Provides a safe, secure and infection/hazard-free environment.
- Direct the development, implementation and monitoring of the quality management plan for acute rehabilitation services, including outcome measurement.
- Facilitated interdepartmental performance-improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
- Adheres to all CARF standards to maintain CARF accreditation.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of rehabilitation operational systems and leadership on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the patients, families, co-workers, staff other hospital departments, physician, community and all others.
- Creates a high quality, professional clinical environment to facilitate the necessary recruitment and retention of appropriate numbers of qualified staff. Ultimately responsible for the timely assessment of competencies and performance of all staff. Facilitates ongoing educational opportunities for the staff, as well as patients, professional associates, physician and the community. Develops a retention plan for nursing staff.
- Maintains overall ethical compliance with regulatory/accreditation agencies and other payer sources.
- Represents Rehabilitation Services to the leadership of the Hospital.
- Acts as an advocate for Rehabilitation Services to the Hospital and the community.
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s of Science, Nursing, (BSN), Required
- MSN, Preferred
- Current Texas RN or Compact/Multi-State license, Required
- AHA-BLS, Required
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN®), Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Inpatient Rehab experience, Required
- Must have inpatient rehab experience in Hospital, Rehab or LTAC facility
- Must be able to interpret complicated Government communications
- Must have strong communication skills, be able to think independently
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.