Position: Director of Women and Children’s Services – GENEROUS SIGN ON BONUS!
San Jose, CA
Salary: VERY COMPETITIVE, Based on experience
Sign-On Bonus: Yes, GENEROUS
Annual Bonus: Yes
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401-K with Match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Full-time, permanent position
474-bed, full-service acute care hospital
- We are a recognized leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology, and innovative surgery techniques. Our recognition includes being the first of only five hospitals in the country to become a Stroke Certified Hospital, one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times, and a Santa Clara county designated STEMI receiving center. We have also been chosen by the members of the communities we serve as the “Bay Area’s Best Place to Have a Baby” and “Family Favorite Hospital” for over 10 years. Recognition from so many organizations demonstrates our dedication to quality health care for the people of Silicon Valley.
- San Jose is a Northern California city that is considered the hub of Silicon Valley. The area is rich in unique attractions, like the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo, The Tech Museum of Innovation, and the Winchester Mystery House. Whether you like the beach, mountains, or wine country, San José is close to it all and makes a perfect home base. With so much to see and do, you'll never run out of activities in San Jose!
NICU, Pediatrics and PICU Departments.
- This position oversees the operations of NICU, Pediatrics and PICU Departments.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all operational activities for areas of responsibility.
- Develops policies and procedures as well as the Quality Improvement Programs for areas of responsibility.
- Develops the capital and operating budgets in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are appropriately staffed by hiring and retaining competent staff.
- As a member the Hospital's management team, makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate Human Resources are available in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary.
- Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, CMS).
- Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
- Shares joint responsibility with the Community NICU medical director for development and review of the ongoing quality improvement program.
- Shares joint responsibility with the Community NICU medical director for development and review of the Policies and Procedures Manual for the NICU which addresses, at a minimum, patient admission, patient care, discharge and transfer criteria.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, Required
- BSN or related degree, Required
- MSN or related degree, Preferred
- Active CA RN License, Unencumbered
- (DUE TO LENGTH OF TIME FOR LICENSURE IN CALIFORNIA, CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A CA RN LICENSE TO BE CONSIDERED)
- BLS, PALS, NRP
- 7-9 years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Required.
- Evidence of experience, which defines competency in Children’s Services, hospital and healthcare management.
- Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs.
- Minimum three (3) years work experience in area of supervision, Required.
- MUST BE A SEASONED LEADER!
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency, problem solve and make decisions, and exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Under minimal direction, has the ability to sustain direction in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand
- Requires basic understanding of and ability to utilize the nursing process; Requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to: Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
- Create or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards.
- Current Microsoft, computer and other relevant software skills.
- Ability to sustain direction under minimal direction, in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Promote effective communication within the multi-professional team and Understand management and delegation principles.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.