Position: Director of Surgical Services
Competitive salary - Based on experience
Yes - Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401-K with Company Match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance, and more!
Full-time, permanent position
220-Bed, Full-Service, Level II Trauma Hospital
Surgical Services, 10-Bed OR
- The Director Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations.
- The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with
- applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Must have BSN and Main OR experience
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- BSN, Required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field, Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- New Hampshire RN License (active/unencumbered), or recognized compact license (subject to NH’s licensing requirements)
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.