Position: Nurse Manager - Case Management (RN), Sign-On Bonus
Yes - Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401-K with Company Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance, and much more!
Competitive salary - Based on experience
Full-time, permanent position
Days, rotating weekends
612-Bed, Level I Trauma, Full-Service Acute Care Hospital
- Nurse Manager of Case Management has primary responsibility for the daily assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of the staff of the Case Management Department.
- The Nurse Manager of Case Management is responsible for guiding, mentoring, and leading the hospital’s case management team.
- Direct patient care experience in an acute care setting required.
- Ability to perform comprehensive assessment of physical and psychosocial needs of patients.
- Understanding of the unique needs associated with various age populations and the ability to provide age specific care and services.
- Computer literate.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Supervise assigned personnel, which include daily work assignment allocation, training, mentoring and problem resolution.
- Evaluates performance and make recommendations to the director for personnel actions.
- Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- May assist director in employee counseling and/or disciplinary action when necessary.
- Supervise employee output and professional conduct.
- Conduct on the job training and orientation of all new staff.
- Involved in the hiring of staff members for openings in his/her cost center and or department.
- Work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment and to perform duties.
- Meet deadlines in a timely manner and understands that outcomes are metrics driven.
- Complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from director; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, patients, families, vendors, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Oversee good “iCare” core values and customer service, which all employees must follow.
- Supervise daily activities and flow of Case Management operations from admission to discharge.
- Work as a liaison between Case Management, physicians and ancillary departments of the hospital.
- Understand and enforce system, departmental and hospital policies and procedures as well as established rules and regulations.
- Cross train in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department/work unit to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Recognize impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications.
- Keep abreast of the physician utilization of service, their specialty and specific needs.
- Communicate timely with the Director of Case Management regarding any problems, issues or concerns regarding his/her team.
- Serve as a role model for all employees by setting an example of high standards in dress, attitude, conduct, cooperation and job performance.
- Work closely with all ancillary and clinical departments to ensure patient is moved along the continuum of care in a cost- effective, timely manner to ensure quality care.
- Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
- Requires weekend supervision coverage at times.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum two (2) years Supervisory experience in Case Management in an acute care hospital setting
- Minimum, five (5) years acute care Case Management experience, Preferred
- Recent short-term, acute care (hospital) and leadership experience is required; rehab/LTAC experience not accepted.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- BSN, Preferred
SPECIAL SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Georgia RN License (active/unencumbered), or recognized compact license (subject to Georgia’s licensing requirements)
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Knowledgeable about Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare and other Third-party payers.
- Knowledgeable about local, state, federal and community resources and the scope of services they provide.
- Direct experience with regulatory agencies and Third-party payers within the last two years.
- Experience in discharge planning and a working knowledge of alternative delivery systems including home health, durable medical equipment, rehabilitation, extended care facility and skilled nursing facilities, their scope of services and their criteria for care.
- Knowledgeable and experience in medical/legal aspects of care.
- Knowledge of Interqual Criteria a must.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Nurse Leaders!
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.