Position: Clinical Pharmacy Operations Manager - Inpatient
San Jose, CA
Competitive and based on experience
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision 401-K with Company Match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance and much more!
Full-time, permanent position, no weekends
474-Full Service Acute Care Hospital
Director of Pharmacy
- The Pharmacy Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Pharmacy in managing the pharmacy operations.
- This includes implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, supervision and training of staff, inventory management, quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- The Pharmacy Operations Manager shall also assist in managing the pharmacy when the Pharmacy Director is unavailable.
- Minimum 5+ years of Hospital pharmacy experience required; - Hospital acute care experience
- Acute Care Hospital Pharmacy Management experience is required
- Experience must be from a like-size hospital (400+ beds)
- Small, Rural or Critical Access Hospital candidates - will not be considered
- Retail Pharmacy Experience (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc.) - will not be considered
- Interpersonal Skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- B.S. or Pharm D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy, Required
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy, Preferred
- PGY 1 or 2, Required
- Active CA Pharmacist license in good standing, Required
- Completion of hospital PGY1 or PGY2/ pharmacy specialty residency or fellowship, Required
- Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP), a plus
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, Meditech, and purchasing vendor applications and others as required
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
- Policies and Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Judgment – Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decision process. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable
- Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.