Position: Director of Infection Prevention
San Jose, CA
Yes, Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401-K with company match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Based on experience
Yes, up to 15% of Salary
Full-time, permanent position
474-Full Service Acute Care Hospital
- This position oversees the operations of the Infection Control Departments.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all operational activities for areas of responsibility.
- Develops policies and procedures as well as the quality improvement programs for areas of responsibility.
- Develops the capital and operating budgets in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are appropriately staffed by hiring and retaining competent staff.
- As a member of Good Samaritan Hospital's management team makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate Human Resources are available in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility. Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary.
- Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results. responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, CMS). Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program - Must be an RN!
- MUST HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE (BA/BS in Nursing, Public Health, or other Allied Healthcare degree from an accredited college or university), Required.
- BSN and/or Masters’ Degree, preferred
- CA Registered Nurse License, Required
- (*Must have CA RN license or be in-process w/ CA Board of Nursing for license to be considered)
- CIC, Preferred
- 2 years full time current acute care experience required.
- 3 years of current experience in infection control, quality, risk management or related experience in acute care hospital setting required.
- 7-9 years of progressive hospital/nursing management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Evidence of experience which defines competency in Infection Control, hospital and healthcare management. Evidence of experience in successful administration and leadership of organizational management programs.
- Infection Control experience, Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Ability to manage department employee and labor relations / Human Resource related issues.
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments / projects and respond to numerous requests.
- Current Microsoft, computer and other relevant software skills.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency, problem solve and make decisions, and exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
- Under minimal direction, has the ability to sustain direction in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand.
- Manage stress appropriately, handle multiple priorities, and make decisions under pressure. Work with a diverse mix of people. Manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of others appropriately.
- Work in areas that are crowded, manage internal and external customers effectively. Excellent verbal communications skills.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.