Position: Director of Surgical Services (Registered Nurse)
Based on experience
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401-K with Company Match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance and much more!
Full-time, permanent position, no weekends
147-Bed Full-Service Acute Care Hospital
Surgical Services, 4-OR
The Director Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Related Field, Preferred
- Current VA RN or Compact/Multi-State license, Required
- CNOR and/or CSSM, Preferred
- 3+ years experience in Surgical Services (Preferably OR), Required
- 3+ years hospital Leadership experience, Required
WHY WORK FOR US?
For us, it's all about people.
Be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.
- Must be able to roll sleeves up and scrub and circulate if needed
We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.