Position: Director of Surgical Services
San Jose, CA
Located in Silicon Valley, San Jose is home to about one million people, making it the third largest city in California by population. San Jose is rich in cultural history and offers an abundance of activities. Surrounded by mountains and close to beautiful beaches, we are an ideal fit for nurses looking to maintain an active lifestyle in the great outdoors.
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Stock Program, 401-K with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance, and much more!
Based on experience
Full-time, permanent position
264-bed, Level 2 Trauma, Full-service acute care hospital
Open Heart, Ortho Trauma, Nuero trauma, high-acuity
- The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships, networks to deliver upon organizational, and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program, which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and/or other Bachelor’s Degree in other Health Care field, Required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field, Preferred
- Current California RN license, Required
- (Must have an active California RN license to be considered)
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR), Preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM), Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing, Required
- Leadership experience, Required.
- 3+ years of experience in a Leadership role, Preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking ability
- Must be able to scrub and circulate
- Must have an understanding of Endo
- Management style – visible and hands-on
- Completion of formal management training, Preferred
In 2017 alone, our Hospital received 10 awards from Healthgrades including being named among America's 100 Best General Surgery, Cardiac Care, and Coronary Intervention centers. The facility also holds several accreditations from The Joint Commission.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.