Position: Director of Surgical Services
San Jose, CA
Based on experience
Yes, up to 15% of salary
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401-K with company match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance and much more!
Full-time, permanent position
474-Full Service Acute Care Hospital
Surgical Services, 12-ORs
Job Responsibilities Include:
- The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships, networks to deliver upon organizational, and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program, which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- MUST HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE (BA/BS in Nursing, Public Health, or other Allied Healthcare degree from an accredited college or university), Required.
- BSN and/or Masters’ Degree, Preferred
- CA Registered Nurse License, Required
- (*Must have CA RN license or be in-process w/ CA Board of Nursing for license to be considered)
- CNOR, Preferred
- CSSM, Preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing, Required
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a hospital leadership role, Required
- MUST HAVE – Background experience must be in acute care hospital setting
- Strong ability to build and maintain positive relationships throughout the facility
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective leadership to peers and assigned staff and to maintain effective contacts with patients, visitors, physicians and a variety of hospital department personnel.
- Analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee assigned personnel and develop and administer sound policies, procedures, and budgets.
- Effective communication skills required; experience at public speaking events required
- Knowledge of applicable regulations in the field and governmental regulations with regard to healthcare marketing and public information
- Ability to facilitate and implement effective strategies. Must possess the ability to manage conflict and maintain objectivity
- Must possess high level problem solving and process design skills.
- Effective organizer and delegator, able to communicate well in every facet of the organization.
- Must be decisive and work well with other members of the management staff and have the ability to deal with a multiplicity of complex situations simultaneously
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.