Position: Director of Surgical Services
Based on experience
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401-K with Company Match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness, Leadership Development Programs, Family Leave Program, Adoption Assistance and much more!
Full-time, permanent position
680-Bed Full-Service Acute Care Hospital.
VP Surgical Services
The Director of Surgery Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence-based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships, networks to deliver upon organizational, and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding Identifies and mentor potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (RN)
- Bachelor’s Degree, Required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field Preferred
- Current CO RN or Compact/Multi-State license, Required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) Preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing. Required
- 3+ years of experience in a Leadership role, Preferred
- Management experience, Required
WHY WORK FOR US?
Special Care in the Heart of Denver
- Must be a good communicator
- Understands the balance between office work/meeting duties
- We understand that hiring excellent nurses and providing them with the support they need ensures patient-centered care.
- We provide the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains
We are part of the largest healthcare system in Denver and we’ve earned many awards and accreditations, such as recognition as a 5-Star Kidney Transplant Program by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients and being named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
Our employees say the best reasons to work for our facility are our “family-like” atmosphere, focus on patient and employee satisfaction, and the opportunities to learn new skills.
Uptown Denver is home to many attractions, like the city's largest green space at City Park. Foodies will enjoy Restaurant Row, a stretch of Uptown that features endless dining options. With the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science close by, there's something for everyone in Uptown Denver.
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life