Position: RN Medical ICU/MICU (Registered Nurse) - Days
Competitive, Based on experience
Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401-K with Company Match, Employee Stock Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Forgiveness, Adoption Assistance and much more!
Full-time, permanent position
Days, 7a-7p, Rotating weekends
796-Bed state-of-the-art tertiary hospital
The MICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Texas RN or Compact/Multi-State license
- BLS, ACLS
- National Specialty Certification (CCRN), Preferred
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Must have at least 1 year of RECENT ICU/MICU experience (in a 10+ bed unit) in an acute care setting
- Must be acute care, LTAC experience will not be considered
we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.