Position: OB Registered Nurse (OB RN)
King City, CA
Yes, w/in 60 minutes
Located approximately 2 hours South of San Francisco and 1 hour North of Paso Robles, Wine Country.
We are a 119-bed Full Service medical facility, the only one serving Southern Monterey County.
In addition to our community hospital, we operate two comprehensive clinics, one in King City, adjacent to the hospital, and another in the town of Greenfield, about 15 miles to the north.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Six months’ recent experience in Labor and Delivery unit with adequate number of deliveries to ensure competence in all areas of labor, delivery, post-partum and newborn care, Preferred
- Knowledge of high-risk labor/delivery, neonatal and post-partum management.
- All new hires will within 3 months have completed the APS Perinatal Safety curriculum or other comparable contents coursework endorsed by ACOG or AAWHONN.
Patients: Neonates - Adults
Essential Job Functions:
- Current CA RN License, Required
- BLS and NRP, Required
- ACLS, Preferred
- S.T.A.B.L.E., Preferred
- Current Intermediate or Advanced AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Certificate, (within 6 months of hire or transfer to OB Department)
- Provides direct and indirect patient care
- Provides patient care that is reflective to specialty
- Current knowledge of pregnancy and associated risk factors
- Able to assess safely, rapidly and accurately, every patient that enters the obstetrical care system
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care of each patient in the obstetric and nursery setting
- Performs triage assessments on obstetric patients presenting to obstetric unit
- Performs outpatient testing of obstetric patients as ordered by physician
- Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs
- Performs initial comprehensive RN assessment upon admission of obstetric patients
- Performs initial comprehensive RN assessment on neonate after birth
- Performs comprehensive assessments on patients in antepartum, intrapartum (labor/delivery), postpartum and nursery setting every shift
- Demonstrates knowledge and efficiency in performing all establish procedures during the labor and delivery process.
- Maintains interpersonal relations/communications.
- Maintains professional responsibilities to enhance personal growth
- Understands and functions within the scope of the California nurse Practice Act
- Keeps all licenses and certificates current
- Plans for personal change and growth based on evaluation and feedback
- Participates in setting measurable goals for performance
- Acquires knowledge or experience to meet goals
- Performs other duties as assigned.